Everyone needs an editor...
Quick Turn-around Projects @ USD$197.00 flat fee prepaid; first in, first out:
• Query letter and nonfiction proposal or synopsis (up to 4000 words max) for overview of concept, presentation, marketability
A writing coach is
• present for the long haul to help you work smart and meet achievable goals within a deadline.
• encourages, supports, guides, and uncovers the inner story that gives outer story meaning.
• focuses on development and implementation of strategies to reach client-identified professional goals using motivational tools, strategic planning, values clarification, brainstorming--all centered on the work-in-progress.
As a coach, I am on your writer's journey for as long as you wish, from brainstorming to proposal/query/synopsis writing, submission, deconstructing agent/publisher responses and through completed, final manuscript according to contractual editorial guidelines. Call on me at any point along the way.
I offer an industry-insider's take on your work, guidance on finding your voice on the page, assistance for author's platform, positioning the work in the market, and for engaging your target audience of consumers (readers who buy books). I can help you clear and defuse blocks, pilot you past cul-de-sacs & sidetracks, chart the way forward for your manuscript.
I coach by telephone or http://www.Skype.com in 20-, 30-, 45-, 60-minute prepaid packages over 30-day periods. Rate is USD$500 for 240 minutes over any consecutive 30 calendar days. Discount available for coaching blocks of 60, 90 days or more. If you cancel before using all the prepaid hours, I will charge you for time used and refund the balance.
To set up a coaching program: Email (subject line "Coaching") specifics on your work-in-progress, goals, timeline. We'll go from there to fashion a program custom designed for you and your budget.
• In mid-revision and spinning your wheels on honing the current draft?
• Is your submission package or sample chapter(s) getting bites but not landing an offer?
• Exhausted all usable feedback from your writing group and trusted readers?
Get this publishing insider to analyze your current draft. (Third draft or later gets you the biggest bang for your buck.) Find out the big-picture issues so your revisions can build on strengths as well as shore up weaknesses. Only then will your manuscript be ready for a line edit!
READ AND EVALUATE: FLAT FEE USD$577.00 UP TO 10,000 OPENING WORDS. This is a prepaid editorial service. First come, first served.
What you get from my Read and Evaluate:
A report in writing/phone/person on
• what works, what doesn't work and why (fiction: action scenes, pacing, point of view, character development & arc, motivation, time and place; nonfiction: organization, scholarship, competition)
• writing mechanics (syntax, language, rhythm, story continuity)
• submission and marketing strategies
Copyright © 2005-2016 Anita D. McClellan Associates, 464 Common St., Suite 142, Belmont, MA 02478 USA; (617) 575-9203--email gives me time to think before I speak. All rights reserved. Literary consultancy only.
"On one trip to Rwanda to film Dr. Dian Fossey and gorillas, I met Anita McClellan, who had edited Dian's book, GORILLAS IN THE MIST. It was Anita who convinced me that other people share my interest in animal words. That's when the concept of ZOOLEXICON took form.... My gratitude to Anita McClellan for her great help in getting ZOOLEXICON published." -- Warren Garst, Chief Wildlife Photographer for the TV series "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom": http://lib.colostate.edu/wildlife/
"Thanks for your effective editing. I am excited about learning and making improvements, and I had gone as far as I could on my own." -- Michele Deppe, author of forthcoming MINDING JACKSON
Warren Garst, Mary Lee Settle, Pat Conroy, Pierre Delattre, Dr. Dian Fossey, Dr. Jane Goodall, Andrew Weil, M.D., Martha Kingsbury, Steve Whan, Dr. Mark Ya. Azbel, Winifred Rosen, Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm, Malcolm Margolin, Anne Sexton, Mara Cary, Sharon Cadwallader, Jane Holtz Kay, Nancy Bruning, Suzanne Arms, Robin Paige, Dr. Thomas Goldstein, Cynthia Pearson, Margaret Stubbs, Michelle Seligson, The Honorable Frank M. Coffiin, Gay Courter, Susan Wittig Albert, Elizabeth Noble, Barbara Stecher, John Hillaby, Sherna Berger Gluck, Sally Swenson, Richard Frede, Laura Shapiro, Tom Cullen, Lauren Brown, Fred McTaggart, Lee Varon, Sandy Jones, Sam Clark, Dr. Geneva Smitherman, Meg (Magda) Bogin, Oliver Cope, M.D., Oriana Fallaci, Sydney Walker III, M.D., John B. Simon, Marcy Heidish, Ellen Galinsky, William Luce, Harlow Robinson, Elzbieta Ettinger, Alan McGlashan, Ina R. Friedman, David G. Javitch, Ph.D., Jane Elizabeth Hughes